I thought up this little strawberry-shortcake-esque, Berries ‘n’ Cream treat for a party recently! It’s definitely a classic treat, but this is the way I like to do it!
What You’ll Need:
- Dessert Shells
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Berries: Any berries you want! I used Strawberries, Blueberries, & Blackberries.
- Sweetener: Sugar / Honey / Confectioner’s (Powdered) Sugar
- Optional: Caramel Sauce, Chocolate Sauce, Strawberry Sauce, Glaze
Prep: Put about 1/3 cup of your sweetener of choice in a bowl. Add about a tablepoon (1 tbsp) of lukewarm water. Stir until evenly saturated. Rinse Berries, dice off leaves and other non-berry pieces. Stir gently into sweet solution, let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Grab a dessert shell, sprinkle a little sweetener in the bottom.
- Spoon 1 scoop of ice cream into the dessert shell.
- Pick some berries to go on top. They’ll be dripping in sweet glaze, but that’s the good part. Drizzle some of that glaze on top: It not only adds sweetness in flavor but gives the berries a pretty shine!
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle a little confectioner’s sugar on top!
Alternative Toppings: Have fun with this treat and get creative! Drizzle some caramel sauce, strawberry sauce, OR chocolate sauce on top.
You can re-create this Berries ‘n’ Cream treat for any occasion as a cute personal/individual dessert or make one for yourself on your day off! It’s sooo super duper easy to make, and sooo absolutely delicious!
Spring is just about here… or is it? (DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!) Either way, what better way to get good old fashioned spring cleaning started than to get rid of some old clothes you’ve never worn? What if you could sell all of your old stuff without a single bit of hassle? This is why I love Poshmark!
Poshmark is an iPhone app that lets you sell anything from your closet, literally. Of course, the item has to be in great to excellent condition OR new with tags (NWT). It doesn’t hurt if you’ve got a few name brand items as well. Everything else is easy; you set the prices and shipping is prepaid! Plus you get to shop around for discounted clothing, accessories, shoes, and more!
I couldn’t have more fun raiding my own closet, looking for all the jewelry, clothes, and shoes I once wasted money on because I never wore them,. Now I’m getting a good amount of money back for everything! Oh, how the simple things work out in life.
You can shop my closet using this link or the link above. Happy Poshing!
Another Spring Look wishlist! This time I was inspired by one of Amy Pham’s Spring Looks.
The bold floral print is balanced out with the neutral tan vest and white tee. The hot pink beanie (need one of these!) give it pop, and the shoes accessories add some flare and edge! I’m in love with this look!!